Bharat Electronics Limited (IAST: Bhārat Electronics limiṭeḍ) (BEL) is an Indian state-owned aerospace and defence company with about nine factories, and several regional offices in India.
Sarkari Job Contents
ITI Trade Apprentice Vacancies 2020
Brief Information of this Sarkari Job in 2020
Ministry of Defence, Government of India, Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) has published notification for the recruitment of ITI Trade Apprentice vacancies. Those Candidates who are interested in the vacancy details & completed all eligibility criteria can read the Notification & Apply Online.
|Post Name||BEL ITI Trade Apprentice Online Form 2020|
Vacancy Details of this Sarkari Job in 2020
|Sr.||Post Name||No.of Posts||Qualification||Age Limit|
|1||Fitter||16||ITI||upto 21 yrs|
|2||Turner||04||ITI||upto 21 yrs|
|3||Electrician||14||ITI||upto 21 yrs|
|4||Electronic Mechanic||19||ITI||upto 21 yrs|
|5||Machinist||05||ITI||upto 21 yrs|
|6||Draftsmen (Civil)||04||ITI||upto 21 yrs|
|7||Draftsmen (Mechanical)||09||ITI||upto 21 yrs|
|8||Refrigeration & Air Cond.||04||ITI||upto 21 yrs|
|9||Electroplater (Male)||04||ITI||upto 21 yrs|
|10||Welder||02||ITI||upto 21 yrs|
|11||COPA||69||ITI||upto 21 yrs|
It is owned by the Indian Government and primarily manufactures advanced electronic products for the Indian Armed Forces. BEL is one of nine PSUs under the Ministry of Defence of India. It has been granted Navratna status by the Government of India.
Starting with the manufacture of a few communication equipment in 1956, BEL started producing receiving valves in 1961, germanium semiconductors in 1962 and radio transmitters for AIR in 1964.
- In 1966, BEL set up a radar manufacturing facility for the army and in-house R&D. In 1967, BEL began manufacturing transmitting tubes, silicon devices and integrated circuits. The PCB manufacturing facility was established in 1968.
- In 1970, BEL started making black & white TV picture tubes, X-ray tubes and microwave tubes. In 1971, BEL set up facilities for the manufacture of integrated circuits and hybrid micro circuits. 1972, BEL established manufacturing facilities for TV transmitters for Doordarshan. In 1973, BEL began manufacturing frigate radars for the navy.
Under the government’s policy of decentralisation and due to strategic reasons, BEL set up new units at different location across the country. The second unit of BEL was set up at Ghaziabad in 1974 to manufacture radars and Tropo communication equipment for the Indian Air Force. The third unit was established at Pune in 1979 to manufacture image converter and image intensifier tubes.
- In 1980, the first overseas office of BEL was set up in New York for the procurement of components and materials.
- In 1981, a manufacturing facility for magnesium manganese dioxide batteries was set up at Pune. The Space Electronic Division was set up at Bangalore to support the satellite programmes in 1982. That year, BEL achieved a turnover of Rs. 1 billion (US$21 million).
- In 1983, the Andhra Scientific Company (ASCO) was taken over by BEL converted it to its fourth manufacturing unit at Machilipatnam.
- In 1985, the fifth unit was set up in Chennai for supply of tank electronics, with proximity to Heavy Vehicles Factory, Chennai of the Ordnance Factory Board. The sixth unit was set up at Panchkula the same year to manufacture military communication equipment.
- In 1986, BEL set up three units. Its seventh unit was set up at Kotdwara to manufacture switching equipment, the eighth unit to manufacture TV glass shell at Taloja (Navi Mumbai) and the ninth unit at Hyderabad to manufacture electronic warfare equipment.
- In 1987, a separate Naval Equipment Division was set up at Bangalore to give greater focus to naval projects. The first Central Research Laboratory was established at Bangalore in 1988 to focus on futuristic research and development.
- In 1989, BEL started manufacturing telecom switching and transmission systems and also the set up the Mass Manufacturing Facility in Bangalore and the manufacture of the first batch of 75,000 electronic voting machines.