HPAS Eligibility Criteria: Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPSC) Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services Combined Competitive (HPAS) eligibility details are given below….
1. Nationality: A candidate must be a citizen of India.
2. Age Limits : A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 35 years.
3. Age Relaxation:
1. Upper age limit is relax able by five years for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/ Other Backward Classes / Persons with disabilities and Children/Grand Children of Freedom Fighters of Himachal Pradesh as declared by the Govt. from time to time. Age relaxation is also available to Ex-servicemen candidates of H.P. as per provisions in Rules/ Instructions of H.P. Govt.
2. Provided further that a Govt. servant who is holding substantive / officiating / contractual / Adhoc appointments in H.P. Govt. or in High Court or any Court Subordinate thereto and employees of the Public Sector Undertakings / Corporations / substantially owned or controlled by the H.P. Government shall be eligible to appear in the examination if he / she possesses a Bachelor’s degree of a recognized University and has not attained the age of 42 years on the first day of January of the year in which the applications are invited by the Commission for Competitive examination. Any person who is eligible under this sub-rule and wishes to appear in the examination shall submit his / her application in the prescribed form through his / her Head of Office to the Secretary, H.P. Public Service Commission
4. Minimum Educational Qualifications: A candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent from a recognized University.
a. A candidate who has appeared at an examination, the passing of which would render him eligible to appear at this examination but has not been informed of result, may apply for admission to the examination. A candidate, who intends to appear at such a qualifying examination, may also apply provided the qualifying examination is completed before the commencement of this examination. Such candidates will be admitted to the examination, if otherwise eligible, but the admission would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation if they do not produce proof of having passed the examination as soon as possible and in any case not later than two months after the commencement of this examination, failing which their candidature shall automatically stand cancelled.
b. Candidates who have passed the final professional M.B.B.S. or any other Medical Examination equivalent thereto but have not completed their internship by the time of submission of their application for the HAS etc.
examination will be provisionally admitted to the examination provided they submit along with their applications a copy of certificate from the University / Institutions that they had passed the requisite final professional medical examination. In such cases, the candidates will be required to produce, at the time of their interview, original degree or a certificate from the concerned competent authority of the University / Institutions that they had completed or requirement (including completion of internship) for the award of degree.